Context
For a bit more context, the company I work for made an Access vb.net application that runs inside MS Access. They wanted to upgrade and create a C# WPF frontend for it. This works great except for the fact that when I installed the application and downloaded the [dummyDB].accdb (32-bits 2016) the application immediatly broke with the error :
The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.
I then installed the 2010 AccessDataBaseEngine from Microsoft and a new error apeared:
This Database file requires a newer version of Access
Naturally I went back to Microsoft, downloaded and installed the 2016 x64 (my system is 64-bits) and tried again.
Sadly we we're back to the first error. So i tried to install the 2016 32-bits AccessDataBaseEngine but ran into the problem that I had already installed 64-bits office products. (I also uninstalled all the previous 32-bit AccessDataseEngines)
We of course don't want users to reinstall all their Office products just to use our application.
Question
- Is there a NugetPackage of somesort that we could use so the customer can interact with the AccessDatabase out of the box?
- If not, is there anyway to make it so they wouldn't have to reinstall all of their Office products?
ps. Different DataBase files 32-bit and 64-bit for users is also not an option because different users with most likely different systems will have to access the same database file.
I don't know if I'm being completely oblivious here, but any help would be greatly appreciated
Application info:
- WPF application (.Net Framework 4.7.2)
- Build Target : anyCPU