Flutter Dropdown Button error: The argument type 'void Function(String)' can't be assigned to the parameter type 'void Function(String?)?

Viewed 249

I am trying to use a drop down for my flutter app but I always get the error

The argument type 'void Function(String)' can't be assigned to the parameter type 'void Function(String?)?'.

Widget _lineOfBusinessRow(){
return Container(
   width: MediaQuery.of(context).size.width,
  child: Column(
    mainAxisAlignment: MainAxisAlignment.center,
    children: [
      DropdownButton<String>(
        value: _lineOfBusinessValue,

        onChanged: (String value){
          setState(() {
            _lineOfBusinessValue = value;
          });
        },

        items: _lineOfBusinessItems.map<DropdownMenuItem<String>>((value){
          return DropdownMenuItem(child: Text(value),
          value: value);
        }).toList(),
      )
    ],
  )
);

}

This is my code at the moment and this is the screenshot of the error:

Error Message

Other than that, I have also tried doing this:

onChanged: (String? value){
          setState(() {
            _lineOfBusinessValue = value!;
          });
        },

If I remove the String or the question mark, I would be prompted to add a null check to 'value' and that leads to this error:

Error Message

1 Answers
Related