Is there a way to web scrape & download the videos on an Amazon Product page?

Viewed 1142

I am looking for some help with scraping product videos from any Amazon Product page.

For example, the videos in the red box below:

product videos amazon product page

I've searched quite extensively for help on the Internet for answers but they don't address this issue.

Usually, there would be file an src with a .mp4 extension that we can use as the url to download, but in this case, the src seems to be a "blob" link.

For example, in the product above, to play the first video in the red box, we need to click it and a video player will be opened up, as shown below:

video player

Inspecting the video player shows the following: video player inspect

The src of the video is: blob:https://www.amazon.com/bb93cc83-5768-4eb9-a10d-f6a889e5a832

Simply pasting this into the address bar yields "Your file couldn't be accessed", as shown below: Your file couldn't be accessed message

Removing "blob" from the beginning of the url, so the it's just: https://www.amazon.com/bb93cc83-5768-4eb9-a10d-f6a889e5a832, and pasting this into the address bar yields "Page not found", as show below: page not found message

There's not even an iframe tag that may somehow have the .mp4 URL.

Another possible method I thought of is to somehow use Internet Download Manager to download the videos in my Python script, but from what I can gather, it seems like I would still need the .mp4 url to use the Internet Download Manager API, which does not seem to be available on the Amazon pages.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thank you.

1 Answers

View page source in chrome and search for mp4, you will get video urls.

Related