YouTube Data API fetch user's latest subscription

Viewed 136

I am trying to fetch the latest subscriptions of a user. However, by defualt youtube is ordering them by relevance. If I am not wrong, the last time I checked youtube was returning them in latest order. Was it changed recently and is there any alternative way to have them ordered by latest without fetching all the subscriptions of a user. I am trying to optimize the quota limit usage. If that's something impossible is there any way to fetch subscriptions of a particular day.

N.B: There's option to choose the ordering method, but none of option contains order by latest

I am using YouTube API's api interface to test the results. Passing the following values:
part: snippet
maxResults: 50
mine: True

available orders are: subscriptionOrderUnspecified, relevance (default), unread and alphabetical.
None of these order the result by latest subscription

enter image description here

2 Answers

The default order for Subscriptions: list is SUBSCRIPTION_ORDER_RELEVANCE so unless you are setting the order i would expect it to return by relevance

enter image description here

If I am not wrong, the last time I checked youtube was returning them in latest order.

If by latest order you mean getting first the most recent subscriber then myRecentSubscribers filter in Subscriptions: list seems to solve your problem.

Related