I am trying to create and run a simple .Rmd (RMarkdown file) on Kaggle.
When I create a new RMarkdown on Kaggle, when I click 'Run All' to run the Rmd code, I see:
Your Kernel is now running in the cloud.
Enter some code at the bottom of this console and press [Enter].
Session is starting...
Session started.
ERROR
Error in parse(text = x, srcfile = src): <text>:13:6: unexpected symbol 12: 13: This R ^
How can I successfully run a sample RMarkdown on Kaggle?
Notes
Similar problem outlined 10 days ago here.
- The comment isn't helpful (it's just a shortcut instead of pressing the 'Run All' button)
Problem also seems to be mentioned 2 days ago here
Reproducible example
When creating a new RMarkdown on Kaggle, I do the following.
From the kaggle.com homepage, click on 'Code' on the left hand side, then on 'New Notebook':
When I do this, it is immediately clear that the interpreter doesn't lint the code correctly (look at the colours):
For reference, the language is 'RMarkdown':
And the editor type is 'Script':
And when I click 'Run All':





