I am new to javascript trying to build a file upload where users can upload a file or select a file from a dropdown or enter a file path.
Everything is working fine until I tried to create a list 'car' to provide two example select options inside the input element.
FileUpLoad (input_def) {
input_def.id = this.uid()
const Label = document.createElement('label')
Label.className = 'custom_file_upload'
const Input = document.createElement('input')
Input.type = 'file'
const Input1 = document.createElement('input')
Input1.type = 'text'
Input1.list = 'car'
const DataList = document.createElement('datalist')
DataList.id = 'car'
const Option1 = document.createElement('option')
Option1.textContent = 'Volvo'
DataList.append(Option1)
const Option2 = document.createElement('option')
Option2.textContent = 'Suzuki'
DataList.append(Option2)
Label.append(Input)
Label.append(Input1)
Label.append(DataList)
const Li = document.createElement('i')
Li.innerText = ' Upload Data'
Li.className = "fa fa-cloud-upload"
Label.append(Li)
const row = document.createElement('div')
row.className = 'ui-form-element section-row'
row.id = input_def.id
row.append(Label)
return row
}
How to solve this error?
TypeError: Cannot set property list of #<HTMLInputElement> which has only a getter
I was trying to follow this solution.
HTML select form with option to enter custom value
thanks