I am trying to create an svg file with a circle that has a tapered stroke that fades, meaning the stroke width will be the thickest (say 20px) with the original color and will be the thinnest (say 3px) on the opposite side where the color has faded. I was able to create the circle with color fading with the gradient tool, but I am struggling to figure out how to change the stroke width
Here's the code I have so far, which I created in Photoshop and exported to svg.
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" width="500" height="500" viewBox="0 0 500 500">
<defs>
<style>
.cls-1 {
fill: none;
stroke-width: 20px;
stroke: url(#a);
}
</style>
<linearGradient id="a" x1="255.5" y1="240" x2="255.5" y2="51" gradientUnits="userSpaceOnUse">
<stop offset="0" stop-color="rgba(96,0,0,1)"/>
<stop offset="1" stop-color="rgba(96,0,0,.1)"/>
</linearGradient>
</defs>
<circle class="cls-1" cx="255.5" cy="255.5" r="184.5"/>
</svg>
Here's an image of what I am trying to do.
Sorry, one more favor. I am trying to create an icon, so it will have four of these circles with different colors, with one fading to the top as shown, another fading to the bottom, and the other two to each of the sides. I will really appreciate it if you can also show me how to rotate :)
Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Mike
