I have installed SmartGit on my CentOs7.
By mistake I chose the licensed trial version and it got expired.
I want to use non commercial version.
There are no settings.xml or preferences.yml.
How can I proceed?
I have installed SmartGit on my CentOs7.
By mistake I chose the licensed trial version and it got expired.
I want to use non commercial version.
There are no settings.xml or preferences.yml.
How can I proceed?
Check first if this process would help:
From time to time, SmartGit users contact us because their SmartGit has expired and they want to continue to use it free of charge for non-commercial purposes.
The type of usage you have to select on the first SmartGit start.
If you forgot to set the right option and you started an evaluation for commercial purposes,
- exit SmartGit
- clear SmartGit’s settings directory (see the documentation)
- restart SmartGit and select the non-commercial option
In your case, for Linux:
${XDG_CONFIG_HOME}/smartgit/<major-smartgit-version>
# if the environment variable XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not defined:
~/.config
The OP Divz adds in the comments:
I removed license file and preferences.yml from .config folder and it works
It is often the case when the remote repository is not created empty, but rather initialized with default files.