How to configure Jaeger data source in Grafana properly?

Viewed 859

I would like to configure Jaeger data source in Grafana. I have Loki, Jaeger, Grafana installed in Kubernetes cluster. All services are up and running. Then, I navigate to Grafana to set up a new data source for Jaeger. Specify Jaeger url (http://jaeger-tracing-query.monitoring.svc.cluster.local:16687), click on [Save & test] button and the 'Data source connected, but no services received. Verify that Jaeger is configured properly.' error message is shown. If I navigate to Jaeger UI, I can clearly see 2 services.

Could you please guide me on what is probably missing in the configuration?

2 Answers

16687 is admin port. Use port 80 to configure the data source in grafana.

it should be like jaeger-tracing-query.monitoring.svc.cluster.local:80

I was scratching my head over this issue.

All the documents say you need to connet to {pod}.{namespace}:{port}

I noticed if you go to the Jaeger UI it's querying for the services on this endpoint

http://localhost:16686/jaeger/api/services

enter image description here

So I went back to Grafana and set the URL to http://jaeger-query:16686/jaeger

enter image description here

Related