React native debugger Installation on Mac m1

Viewed 1800
  • I have installed the react native debugger on mac-book pro m1 to debug react native applications.

  • While debugging it shows you are using react-devtools 4.13 and please downgrade to <4.11. While trying to install react-devtools 4.11 using npm install --save react-devtools@4.11 it showed electron error i.e.

HTTPError: Response code 404 (Not Found) for https://github.com/electron/electron/releases/download/v9.4.4/electron-v9.4.4-darwin-arm64.zip

"resolutions": { "electron": "^11.0.1" }

Can someone please tell me how to use this resolution thing to install react-?devtools < 4.11 ?

I googled a lot but did not get steps to install react devtools < 4.11 in order to make react native debugger work.

I also tried downloading react-devtools 4.10 locally and changed electron package version to 11.0 to support m1 chip on mac. After that too react-native-debugger showed the same issue.

**

Unsupported DevTools backend version
You are running react-devtools version 4.13.4-51ebccc374.
This requires bridge protocol version 1. However the current backend version uses bridge protocol version 0.
To fix this, downgrade the DevTools NPM package:
npm i -g react-devtools@"<4.11.0"

**

All I want to know step by step how to make react-native-debugger run on macbook m1 chip without that error/warning ?

How to use resolutions to resolve the electron version error while installing react-devtools for macbook m1 ?

0 Answers
Related