Error: Problems reading data from Binary store

Viewed 7861

I am getting the Error as follows, when I try to run the flutter app.

  • What went wrong:
    Could not determine the dependencies of task ':app:compileDebugJavaWithJavac'.
    Could not resolve all dependencies for configuration ':app:debugCompileClasspath'.
    Problems reading data from Binary store in /tmp/gradle4420452894670361188.bin offset 455548 exists? true

I have set this in build.gradle

classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.3.3'

I have this dependency in app/build.gradle

apply plugin: 'com.google.gms.google-services'

When I remove app/build.gradle google-services plugin, app worked fine. Since I need google-services plugin, I want to know how to solve this problem. Thanks!

This is the flutter doctor -v output.

[✓] Flutter (Channel stable, 2.2.3, on Linux, locale en_US.UTF-8)
    • Flutter version 2.2.3 at /opt/flutter
    • Framework revision f4abaa0735 (6 days ago), 2021-07-01 12:46:11 -0700
    • Engine revision 241c87ad80
    • Dart version 2.13.4
[✓] Android toolchain - develop for Android devices (Android SDK version 30.0.2)
    • Android SDK at /home//Android/Sdk
    • Platform android-30, build-tools 30.0.2
    • Java binary at: /opt/android-studio/jre/bin/java
    • Java version OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_242-release-1644-b3-6222593)
    • All Android licenses accepted.
[✓] Chrome - develop for the web
    • Chrome at google-chrome
[✓] Android Studio (version 4.1)
    • Android Studio at /opt/android-studio
    • Flutter plugin version 57.0.1
    • Dart plugin version 201.9380
    • Java version OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_242-release-1644-b3-6222593)
[✓] IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition (version 2019.3)
    • IntelliJ at /home/
**/Office Works/Softwares/idea-IC-193.6494.35
    • Flutter plugin can be installed from:
      https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/9212-flutter
    • Dart plugin can be installed from:
      https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/6351-dart
[✓] IntelliJ IDEA Community Edition (version 2018.2)
    • IntelliJ at /opt/idea
    • Flutter plugin can be installed from:
      https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/9212-flutter
    • Dart plugin can be installed from:
      https://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/6351-dart
[✓] VS Code (version 1.50.1)
    • VS Code at /usr/share/code
    • Flutter extension version 3.17.0

2 Answers

I solved this issue by upgrading the gradle to gradle-6.7. Just change the distributionUrl value on the android/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties file to this value:

distributionUrl=https://services.gradle.org/distributions/gradle-6.7-all.zip

Or, just run this command on your android/ folder:

./gradlew wrapper --gradle-version 6.7

In Android Studio Actic Fox +, you can solve this by upgrading going on to open android/gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.properties file and under dependencies hover mouse on gradle to get the upgrade suggested and accept:

dependencies {
    classpath 'com.android.tools.build:gradle:7.0.1' // <--- HOVER MOUSE TO GET SUGGESTED Gradle upgrade
    classpath 'com.google.gms:google-services:4.3.10'    }

}

The latest update will be downloaded and that should solve that error. Then sync gradle and you should be good to go.

Related