I'm looking to get the number of tickets that are unassigned at the end of each day over a specified period of days using historical data. I'm using Amazon Redshift.
The query currently has this structure:
| ticket_id | created_at | assigned_at |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | 2020-11-18 | 2020-11-20 |
| 2 | 2020-11-18 | 2020-11-18 |
| 3 | 2020-11-17 | 2020-11-20 |
My current strategy is to use the created_at date, create a new row with the created_date + 1 day until it is the same as the assigned_at date. From there I can easily manipulate the output with Tableau.
The output that I'm looking for is:
| ticket_id | created_at | assigned_at |
|---|---|---|
| 1 | 2020-11-18 | 2020-11-20 |
| 1 | 2020-11-19 | 2020-11-20 |
| 1 | 2020-11-20 | 2020-11-20 |
| 2 | 2020-11-18 | 2020-11-18 |
| 3 | 2020-11-17 | 2020-11-20 |
| 3 | 2020-11-18 | 2020-11-20 |
| 3 | 2020-11-19 | 2020-11-20 |
| 3 | 2020-11-20 | 2020-11-20 |
In the end I want to be able to get to this:
| date | tickets in queue |
|---|---|
| 2020-11-17 | 1 |
| 2020-11-18 | 2 |
| 2020-11-19 | 2 |
| 2020-11-20 | 0 |
I'm also open to other suggestions regarding how to solve this problem.
Thanks in advance!