since a long time I despair to straighten the label of the x-axis in my plot (ggplot2). The challenge is that I have two geom_paths, each fetching the data from a different dataframe - I'm sure this will become a bit clearer in the code:
ggplot(data=dx, aes(x = year, y=en.x ))+
scale_y_continuous(breaks = scales::pretty_breaks(n = 2))+
geom_path(data=ps, aes(x, y, color = "Person 1", linetype="Person 1"), size=0.5)+
geom_path(data=pg, aes(x , y, color = "Person 2", linetype="Person 2"), size=0.5)+
scale_color_manual("",labels = c(Nutzer1, Nutzer2), values = c("Person 1" = Nutzer1Farbe, "Person 2" = Nutzer2Farbe)) +
scale_linetype_manual("",labels = c(Nutzer1, Nutzer2), values=c("Person 1"=Nutzer1Format, "Person 2"=Nutzer2Format))
The goal is, to Label the X-Axis with the years from the dataframe "dx", as shown in the aes-parameter. And it works! But only if you disable the geom_paths - shown below:
ggplot(data=dx, aes(x = year, y=en.x ))+
scale_y_continuous(breaks = scales::pretty_breaks(n = 2))+
#geom_path(data=ps, aes(x, y, color = "Person 1", linetype="Person 1"), size=0.5)+
#geom_path(data=pg, aes(x , y, color = "Person 2", linetype="Person 2"), size=0.5)+
scale_color_manual("",labels = c(Nutzer1, Nutzer2), values = c("Person 1" = Nutzer1Farbe, "Person 2" = Nutzer2Farbe)) +
scale_linetype_manual("",labels = c(Nutzer1, Nutzer2), values=c("Person 1"=Nutzer1Format, "Person 2"=Nutzer2Format))
I can't really understand why the paths destroy the labeling like this - it must be the aes parameters.
If someone has a solution for this, I would be extremely grateful!
