Eclipse version: 2021-06 (4.20.0) Tomcat Version: 9.0.46
I create a dynamic web project with the target runtime of apache-tomcat-9.0.46. When I hover over something like "HttpServlet" it says "Note: This element has no attached source and the Javadoc could not be found in the attached Javadoc." Likewise if I press shift-f2 I get a "404 file not found".
If I go into "configure build path" and look at the apache-tomcat-9.0.46 library, specifically at the "servlet-api.jar" it shows the javadoc location as "https://javaee.github.io/javaee-spec/javadocs". If I browse there manually I can find the javadoc for HttpServlet.
Here is what I noticed. When I browse there manually the URL is: https://javaee.github.io/javaee-spec/javadocs/javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet.html
However, when I press shift-F2 in Eclipse and get the HTTP 404 it's trying to access this URL: https://javaee.github.io/javaee-spec/javadocs/java.servlet/javax/servlet/http/HttpServlet.html
Notice the extra "java.servlet" in the URL when trying to access it from Eclipse. Anyone have any idea what the issue is or how to resolve it? Obviously I used HttpServlet as an example, but it's affecting everything that's part of the tomcat runtime libraries which is super annoying.
Thanks! Doc