npm peerDependency version conflict

Viewed 363

I am running npm install, and I got this error:

npm ERR! code ERESOLVE
npm ERR! ERESOLVE unable to resolve dependency tree
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! While resolving: my-project@0.1.0
npm ERR! Found: @cxx/jxx-xxxxx@0.0.9
npm ERR! node_modules/@cxx/jxx-xxxxx
npm ERR!   @cxx/jxx-xxxxx@"0.0.9" from the root project
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Could not resolve dependency:
npm ERR! peer @cxx/jxx-xxxxx@"^0.0.8" from @cxx/cxx-util@0.10.7
npm ERR! node_modules/@cxx/cxx-util
npm ERR!   @cxx/cxx-util@"^0.10.7" from the root project
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! Fix the upstream dependency conflict, or retry
npm ERR! this command with --force, or --legacy-peer-deps
npm ERR! to accept an incorrect (and potentially broken) dependency resolution.
npm ERR! 
npm ERR! See /Users/cxx/.npm/eresolve-report.txt for a full report.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:

Does not "0.0.9" satisfy "^0.0.8"? It's confusing...

My npm version is v7.18.1 while node version is v16.4.0, on MacOS Big Sur 11.4.

Thanks.

1 Answers

Recently I was in a familiar problem.

Try to use node 14.x.x

A bunch of dependencies just run in node LTS (v14.17.3 today). With that being said, maybe this dependecy can't run in node v16.4.0.

I think this will fix.

Related