I am extending an application that is currently having stripe as a Payment processor. The architecture is implemented in such a way that I am not storing any of the transaction and customer information in the application database in order to meet the compliances. So all of data is being stored in Stripe as transaction metadata.
Now I need to extend the application to add Paypal Payment Gateways, but after going through the documentation I can't find a metadata option available in the PayPal Transaction API just like its there in Stripe.
I have tried PayPal's create order API with metadata as suggested in v1 https://developer.paypal.com/docs/business/checkout/server-side-api-calls/create-order/
createOrder: function(data, actions) {
return actions.order.create({
metadata:{
"cid":1233,
"dgn":"AH-GHGJTTHHHJ",
"ct":"X-HGD898989","tfn":"xyz params",
"type":"2",
"lo":"lorem ipsum is a dummy text and hope it works"
},
purchase_units: [
{
"description":'xyz P30 Pro mobile',
"amount":{"currency_code":"USD","value":199}
}]
});
},
But on retrieving the transaction by TX_ID i donot get the metadata object back.
So anyone who faced this challenge in the past and can suggest a workaround to achieve this with payPal will be highly appricated.