Hey there I am trying to rotate a line around its own center within the latlng system.
I got the angle and the two points. So I tried to append the rotation matrix, like this (following method takes the latitude and longitude of a point and the angle):
LatLng rotate(double lat, double long, double angle){
double rad = angle*pi/180;
double newLong = long*cos(rad)-lat*sin(rad);
double newLat = long* sin(rad) + lat*cos(rad);
return LatLng(newLat,newLong);
}
For example I got the point A (latitude:x,longitude:y) and the point B(latitude:x,longitude:y). Connecting these two points leads to a line. Now I want two rotate the line around it's own center with the above method, by calling:
LatLng newA = rotate(A.latitude,A.longitude);
LatLng newB = rotate(B.latitude,B.longitude);
But when I connect the two Points newA and NewB there is not the desired effect.
As @Abion47 clarified in his answer I need a rotation in 3-dimension, but how to do so? And is it possible with 2-dimension if it is a very small line?
