I have the following code:
input[type=text], [type=email], select, textarea {
width: 100%;
padding: 12px;
border: 1px solid #555;
margin-top: 6px;
margin-bottom: 16px;
resize: vertical;
}
input[type=submit] {
background-color: #0563bb;
color: white;
padding: 12px 20px;
border: none;
cursor: pointer;
}
input[type=submit]:hover {
opacity: 0.9;
}
.contactform {
position: relative;
border-radius: 50px;
background-color: #f2f2f2;
padding: 5px;
z-index:2;
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
margin-bottom:auto;
margin-top:1%;
width: 100%;
animation-name: gradient;
animation-duration: 3s;
animation-iteration-count: infinite;
}
.contactform:hover {
animation-name: gradient;
animation-duration: 15s;
animation-iteration-count: infinite;
}
.column {
float: center;
width: 50%;
margin-top: 6px;
padding: 20px;
display: block;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
}
.row:after {
content: "";
display: table;
clear: both;
}
@media screen and (max-width: 600px) {
.column, input[type=submit] {
width: auto;
margin-top:0;
}
}
<section id="contact">
<div class="container" data-aos="fade-up">
<div class="contactform">
<div style="text-align:center">
<div class="section-title">
<h2><br/>Get In Touch</h2>
</div>
<p>Feel Free To Reach Out To Me Through This Form! </p>
</div>
<div class="row">
<div class="column">
<form name="myform" action="thankyou.html" method="POST">
<label for="firstname">First Name</label>
<input type="text" id="first name" name="firstname" placeholder="Your firstname.." required>
<label for="lastname">Last Name</label>
<input type="text" id="lastname" name="lastname" placeholder="Your last name.." required>
<label for="email">Email:</label>
<input type="email" id="email" name="email" placeholder="Your Email.." required>
<label for="subject">Subject</label>
<textarea id="subject" name="subject" placeholder="Lets Collaborate..." style="height:170px" required></textarea>
<input type="submit" value="Submit">
</form>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</section>
So what I am basically looking for is the shake effect when the user submits without entering any inputs.
Expected Output
When the user hits the submit button without entering anything, the border of the box should turn red as well as shake. I just want the boxes of the placeholders to shake and turn red, not the whole element. I tried adding keyframes to make this possible but got stuck since I was not getting the desired output, any suggestions?
In other words, I just would like the first name, last name, email, and subject borders of the boxes to turn red and shake.