Git push warning: Unable to migrate objects to permanent storage

Viewed 228

I have the following problem with git - when I try to push my commits to the origin (which in my case is a network folder) it gives this errors:

warning: unable to unlink './objects/incoming-a16140/6f': Directory not empty
error: unable to write sha1 filename ./objects/6f: Directory not empty
warning: unable to unlink './objects/incoming-a16140/cf': Directory not empty
error: unable to write sha1 filename ./objects/cf: Directory not empty To X:strengs_master.git ! [remote rejected] bugs/wind_zone_2_Poland -> bugs/wind_zone_2_Poland (unable to migrate objects to permanent storage) <

It was used to work before, but what is interesting here is that (compared to the similar problems I read) when i try 3 to 5 times usually it manage to push it at the end. But each time I have to make several attempts until successful.

My git version is: git version 2.19.0.windows.1

I have permission to access the folder on the server and also I have access remotely from external IP via ssh where no such a problem exist.

Many thanks for any suggestions that would help!

1 Answers

First, make sure to upgrade to Git 2.33.0.2, the latest Git for Windows release.

so in this case by network drive I mean a folder on the local server we have.

Second, check your remote origin network path. It should be like:

file:////network/path/to/git-repository'

It was problematic in Git 2.11 (2017, issue 979), but your 2.19 version might have a regression.

Related