Influx 2.0 CLI Client Not Connecting

Viewed 584

I'm having a problem connecting to a remote instance of Influx 2.0 OSS using the influx client.

First, I'm pretty sure it's not the server:

curl http://192.168.1.7:8086/health
{"name":"influxdb", "message":"ready for queries and writes", "status":"pass", "checks":[], "version": "2.0.7", "commit": "2a45f0c037"}

I have a config set, when I try to use it to ping the server:

❯ influx config
Active  Name            URL                     Org
*       myinfluxd     http://192.168.1.7        my_org
❯ influx ping
Error: Invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value.
Error: Invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value.
See 'influx ping -h' for help

Other commands also don't work

❯ influx query 'show databases;'
Error: Failed to read metadata: missing expected annotation datatype.
Error: Invalid character '<' looking for beginning of value.
See 'influx query -h' for help

I'm using the client on a Mac with BigSur (installed with homebrew), the client version and server version are the same (2.0.7).

Client

❯ influx version
Influx CLI 2.0.7 (git: none) build_date: 2021-07-02T03:23:38Z

Server

❯ influx version
Influx CLI 2.0.7 (git: none) build_date: 2021-07-02T03:23:38Z
root@influxdb2:/# influx config                                                                            
Active  Name    URL                     Org                                                                
*       default http://localhost:8086   my_org     

Any ideas?

0 Answers
Related