I have a program spread through 3 different C files, with the 2 header files that come with it. I originally had the header "Player.h" that I used to save the "map" structure (among others):
#ifndef PLAYER_H_INCLUDED
#define PLAYER_H_INCLUDED
typedef struct map{
float x;
float y;
}map;
/// some other functions and structures///
#endif
I wanted to move it to its own header file, "Map.h" so its with the other map-related functions and structures.
#ifndef MAP_H_INCLUDED
#define MAP_H_INCLUDED
typedef struct map{
float x;
float y;
}map;
#endif
I made the Map.c file as normal, wrote a function in it that would work, but I didn"t call for the function in main.c yet. I made the "map" data structure in main.c as followed:
#include "Player.h"
#include "Map.h"
int main(){
... /// some other stuff being done
map map;
map.x = 0;
map.y = 0;
... /// more stuff being done
callfunctioninplayer(&map, /// other variables///)
}
so I call the function in player.c, where I also included map.h using #included "Map.h". But after trying to compile it, it gave me an error everywhere where I asked for the map* map structure with the errors:
In file included from ./main.c:10:0:
./Player.h:21:55: error: unknown type name ‘map’
void movementPlayer(int* inputPlayer, player* player, map* map, unsigned int countFrames);
./Player.h:21:55: error: unknown type name ‘map’
void movementPlayer(int* inputPlayer, player* player, map* map, unsigned int countFrames);
^~~
In file included from ./Map.c:10:0:
./Player.h:21:55: error: unknown type name ‘map’
void movementPlayer(int* inputPlayer, player* player, map* map, unsigned int countFrames);
I checked if map.h was defined everywhere, it is, and I tested it again after putting the map struct back in player.h. Putting it back in player.h worked, but why didn't it in map.h? I'm sorry if this is asked a lot, I looked through some posts but couldn't find anyone with the same error