I'm trying to display an URL upon invoke (task/fetch) via MS Teams bot. The URL is loading and working perfectly fine on android/ios app. But it is not loading at all in web/desktop app. The app has been in production for some time now and I recently updated the app manifest with valid domains for making the URLs load in Teams.
Also I tried the same manifest/backend with another test app and URLs are loading fine in web/mobile app. Not sure what am I missing here.
Please find below my task/fetch response and manifest details.
task/fetch response
{
"task": {
"type": "continue",
"value": {
"title": "Task Module Test",
"height": 1200,
"width": 1000,
"url": "https://www.contoso.com/msteams/taskmodules/newcustomer",
"fallbackUrl": "https://www.contoso.com/msteams/taskmodules/newcustomer"
}
}
}
My App Manifest (have edited some sensitive info but the structure of the manifest is intact)
{
"$schema": "https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/json-schemas/teams/v1.8/MicrosoftTeams.schema.json",
"manifestVersion": "1.8",
"version": "1.0.0",
"showLoadingIndicator": true,
"id": "some-id",
"packageName": "com.example.bots.msteams",
"developer": {
"name": "Test",
"websiteUrl": "https://www.example.com",
"privacyUrl": "https://www.example.com/policy",
"termsOfUseUrl": "https://www.example.com/terms"
},
"icons": {
"color": "color.png",
"outline": "outline.png"
},
"name": {
"short": "Test Short",
"full": "Test Long"
},
"description": {
"short": "Short desc",
"full": "Long desc"
},
"accentColor": "#FFFFFF",
"bots": [
{
"botId": "some-id",
"scopes": [
"personal"
],
"supportsFiles": true,
"isNotificationOnly": false
}
],
"permissions": [
"identity",
"messageTeamMembers"
],
"validDomains": [
"www.contoso.com"
]
}
URL successfully loading on Phone app
URL not loading on web/desktop app
Happy to provide any other info if needed!