I tried to make a chat app with django-channels.
But a RuntimeError occurs when I create a new django-chanels project and edit data in the admin site.
I'm not sure that I think the error occurred because I made several django-channels projects.
When I built my first project, WebSocket is not working, so I made another 2nd, 3rd, 4th project with django-channels. Now WebSocket is connected, but I have trouble with RuntimeError (Error message: Single thread executor already being user, would deadlock)
What can I do to fix this?
myproject/settings.py
import os
from pathlib import Path
# Build paths inside the project like this: BASE_DIR / 'subdir'.
BASE_DIR = Path(__file__).resolve().parent.parent
# Quick-start development settings - unsuitable for production
# See https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/howto/deployment/checklist/
# SECURITY WARNING: keep the secret key used in production secret!
SECRET_KEY = "django-insecure-is!$&voe3y058!2sus9egmxh@d!$)=l&o8_vl=m8zz!ap+d#a#"
# SECURITY WARNING: don't run with debug turned on in production!
DEBUG = True
ALLOWED_HOSTS = []
# Application definition
INSTALLED_APPS = [
"django.contrib.admin",
"django.contrib.auth",
"django.contrib.contenttypes",
"django.contrib.sessions",
"django.contrib.messages",
"django.contrib.staticfiles",
"users.apps.UsersConfig",
"channels",
"core.apps.CoreConfig",
"broadcasts.apps.BroadcastsConfig",
]
MIDDLEWARE = [
"django.middleware.security.SecurityMiddleware",
"django.contrib.sessions.middleware.SessionMiddleware",
"django.middleware.common.CommonMiddleware",
"django.middleware.csrf.CsrfViewMiddleware",
"django.contrib.auth.middleware.AuthenticationMiddleware",
"django.contrib.messages.middleware.MessageMiddleware",
"django.middleware.clickjacking.XFrameOptionsMiddleware",
]
ROOT_URLCONF = "busker.urls"
TEMPLATES = [
{
"BACKEND": "django.template.backends.django.DjangoTemplates",
"DIRS": [],
"APP_DIRS": True,
"OPTIONS": {
"context_processors": [
"django.template.context_processors.debug",
"django.template.context_processors.request",
"django.contrib.auth.context_processors.auth",
"django.contrib.messages.context_processors.messages",
],
},
},
]
WSGI_APPLICATION = "busker.wsgi.application"
# Database
# https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/settings/#databases
DATABASES = {
"default": {
"ENGINE": "django.db.backends.sqlite3",
"NAME": BASE_DIR / "db.sqlite3",
}
}
# Password validation
# https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/settings/#auth-password-validators
AUTH_PASSWORD_VALIDATORS = [
{
"NAME": "django.contrib.auth.password_validation.UserAttributeSimilarityValidator",
},
{
"NAME": "django.contrib.auth.password_validation.MinimumLengthValidator",
},
{
"NAME": "django.contrib.auth.password_validation.CommonPasswordValidator",
},
{
"NAME": "django.contrib.auth.password_validation.NumericPasswordValidator",
},
]
# Internationalization
# https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/topics/i18n/
LANGUAGE_CODE = "en-us"
TIME_ZONE = "UTC"
USE_I18N = True
USE_L10N = True
USE_TZ = True
# Static files (CSS, JavaScript, Images)
# https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/howto/static-files/
STATIC_URL = "/static/"
STATICFILES_DIRS = [os.path.join(BASE_DIR, "static")]
# Default primary key field type
# https://docs.djangoproject.com/en/3.2/ref/settings/#default-auto-field
DEFAULT_AUTO_FIELD = "django.db.models.BigAutoField"
ASGI_APPLICATION = "busker.asgi.application"
CHANNEL_LAYERS = {"default": {"BACKEND": "channels.layers.InMemoryChannelLayer"}}
AUTH_USER_MODEL = "users.User"
myproject/asgi.py
import os
from channels.routing import ProtocolTypeRouter, URLRouter
from django.core.asgi import get_asgi_application
from channels.auth import AuthMiddlewareStack
import broadcasts.routing
os.environ.setdefault("DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE", "mysite.settings")
application = ProtocolTypeRouter(
{
"http": get_asgi_application(),
# Just HTTP for now. (We can add other protocols later.)
"websocket": AuthMiddlewareStack(
URLRouter(broadcasts.routing.websocket_urlpatterns)
),
}
)
myapp/consumers.py
import json
from channels.generic.websocket import AsyncWebsocketConsumer
class ChatConsumer(AsyncWebsocketConsumer):
async def connect(self):
self.room_group_name = "Test-Room"
await self.channel_layer.group_add(self.room_group_name, self.channel_name)
await self.accept()
async def disconnect(self, close_code):
await self.channel_layer.group_discard(self.room_group_name, self.channel_name)
print("Disconnected!")
async def receive(self, text_data):
receive_dict = json.loads(text_data)
message = receive_dict["message"]
await self.channel_layer.group_send(
self.room_group_name, {"type": "send.message", "message": message}
)
async def send_message(self, event):
message = event["message"]
await self.send(text_data=json.dumps({"message": message}))
myapp/routing.py
from django.urls import re_path
from . import consumers
websocket_urlpatterns = [
re_path(r"", consumers.ChatConsumer.as_asgi()),
]