Install GLIBCXX_3.4.29 in anaconda

Viewed 4531

I've seen Where can I find GLIBCXX_3.4.29? which doesn't answer my specific question.

I've got GLIBCXX_3.4.29 according to strings /usr/lib64/libstdc++.so.6 | grep GLIBCXX. I'm specifically asking how I get it in my anaconda environment. I've got the most recent version of conda, 7.2.0 as per the install instructions conda libgcc but the GLIBCXX_3.4.29 doesn't meet the version required by some code I'm running

Addressing comment below

Would be better to know what you are trying to run

I'm trying to run some code that uses an in-house .so file. I've managed to run it before but I'm guessing that something changed when I updated a library used in generating the .so file.

Note: I've tried git checkout the library to an older version and rebuilding all of it but I'm still facing the issue.

How I created the env

conda create -n crannog python=3.6
conda activate crannog
pip install -r requirements.txt

Pastebin of Requirements.txt

Pastebin of conda list

1 Answers

Using answer from the comments, this worked perfectly:

conda install -c conda-forge gxx_linux-64==11.1.0

It installs the latest version of GlibC compatible with your Conda environment.


To install a specific version of GlibC (as pointed out by @Milad in the comments)

conda install -c conda-forge gxx_linux-64==XX.YY.Z
Related