Mac M1 chip issues with rosetta, “attachment of code signature supplement failed: 1”

Viewed 17864

I recently got a Mac with the apple M1 chip and I am having numerous problems running libraries and applications.

One such example is numpy. To provide context, I installed Python 3.9 and pip3 and then decided to use pip to install numpy. To test if Python 3.9 and numpy have been properly installed, I type in terminal python3. I next try importing numpy using the statement import numpy

I then get the error

/var/db/oah/e089a6709d38c1a085254c76a7cb592fcceddb3f234a4aa318bb4ec25fe40d27/a37f39d2b061393d7731233ae89d90cd87c97f4edeeb46a78ad791/_multiarray_umath.cpython-39-darwin.so.aot: attachment of code signature supplement failed: 1
zsh: trace trap  python3

I have the exact same error when trying to open other applications (eg. SonicWall Mobile Connect) from the apple app store. If anyone has any insight to how to resolve this rosetta error it would be very much appreciated.

Cheers!

5 Answers

One of the following will fix the issue IMHO.

  1. Restart Mac OS.
  2. Upgrade OS (will restart after the upgrade)
  3. Upgrade Docker, Upgrade OS, restart.

I had the same issue on Apple Silicon (M1Pro) running on Mac OS Monterey (12.0). I installed Rosetta2 and problem persisted. I deleted and reinstalled Docker but that did not fix the problem. After reading other answers on this question, I realized that for some people, OS upgrade was solving the problem.

The same problem has occurred for me as well, but with Big Sur 11.5 update as another comment has pointed out before me.
What I did to fix the error was to update from Big Sur 11.5 to Big Sur 11.6.
From there the issue resolved itself for me.

I am using M1 Mac Monterey 12.3.1, I had to switch over to using Docker Compose V2. After I did this and restarted the Docker for Mac engine client app, the CLI started working again (though the buttons in the app still gave errors).

Good luck!

Preference Docker Compose v2

As it turns out this was an Apple software issue. (I believe it was update 11.4, but I am not 100% sure.) After doing the software update the rosetta issue disappeared and all of the software that was having problems with it earlier now function properly.

I faced similar issue after upgrading to Monterey 12.3.1, tried restarting MacOS but that didn't help.

Later figured out that I was not able to build java applications using Java 8 but Java 11 applications were running fine.

Issue got resolved after installing java 11 from https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/downloads/#java11-mac

Related