I have an array of objects that I want to filter by comparing a nested property to a search term.
For example:
let array = [
{
category: 15,
label: "Components",
value: "a614741f-7d4b-4b33-91b7-89a0ef96a099",
children: [
{
category: 1,
label: "Carousel1",
diId: 55946,
// as you can see there are many children nested array of object
children: [{ label: "nodatafoundmessage", value: "47d18fb2-3e63-4542-ad0e-e5e09acb5016", children: [] }],
value: "be5e027b-9163-4cfb-8816-0c8e3b816086"
},
{
category: 2,
label: "Checkbox1",
diId: 193909,
children: [{ label: "datafound", value: "47d18sb2-3e63-4542-ad0e-e5e09acb5016", children: [] }],
value: "045e8786-2165-4e1e-a839-99b1b0ceef57"
}
]
},
{
value: "4be22726-850c-4905-ab3b-039fcf607d55",
label: "Default",
children: [
{
category: 5,
defaultValueType: 1,
label: "Empty",
toType: "String",
value: "ebedb43f-4c53-491f-8954-d030321845cd"
},
{
category: 5,
defaultValueType: 2,
label: "Space",
toType: "String",
value: "2d0e1429-572b-4f21-9f83-3340bafff95a"
},
{
category: 5,
defaultValueType: 8,
label: "Current Username",
toType: "String",
value: "25f6b40a-33c7-4f17-b29d-99e8d1e4e33c"
},
{
category: 5,
defaultValueType: 9,
label: "Current Location",
toType: "Location",
value: "ed59da2f-318d-4599-9085-4d9d769a27d7"
}
]
},
{
category: 4,
label: "Fixed Value",
isFixed: true,
value: "28e90e3e-a20b-4499-9593-061a7d1e7bd6"
// as you can see there is no children in this object
}
]};
What I'm trying to achieve is if I search for 'nodata' for example my result should be
let array = [
{
category: 15,
label: "Components",
value: "a614741f-7d4b-4b33-91b7-89a0ef96a099",
children: [
{
category: 1,
label: "Carousel1",
diId: 55946,
// as you can see there are many children nested array of object
children: [{ label: "nodatafoundmessage", value: "47d18fb2-3e63-4542-ad0e-e5e09acb5016", children: [] }],
value: "be5e027b-9163-4cfb-8816-0c8e3b816086"
}
]
}
];
Another option if I search for 'spa' my result should be
let array = [
{
value: "4be22726-850c-4905-ab3b-039fcf607d55",
label: "Default",
children: [
{
category: 5,
defaultValueType: 2,
label: "Space",
toType: "String",
value: "2d0e1429-572b-4f21-9f83-3340bafff95a"
}
]
}
];
I have been super confused and I decided to get some help. Thank you for your helps guys!