AWS ACM certificate state is pending validation and not changing to issues

Viewed 3956

I have requested a public ACM certificate and I have selected the DNS validation method. After requesting the certificate it went to Pending validation state. I have created a hosted zone in Route 53 with the same domain name which I have used for my certificate. After creating the certificate I got the option "Create record in Route 53". I have created the record in Route 53 with the CNAME and it displayed as " Success The DNS record was written to your Route 53 hosted zone. It can take 30 minutes or longer for the changes to propagate and for AWS to validate the domain and issue the certificate.". But the status of the certificate is not getting changed and it is still in pending validation only. After some time the "Create record in Route 43" option is getting enabled again. I have tried the same process multiple times almost one day but the status is not getting changed. Can someone please help to fix the issue.

2 Answers

Having the same issue here and I found out that my problem is in the NS record in my domain. My mistake was I didn't update the Name Servers in my domain, what I did was the opposite. I updated the values of the NS record in R53 based on the NS on my domain then I realized that the right thing to do was to update your NS (Name Servers) of your domain to the values of the NS record in R53. Haha (english is not my native language btw).

Just make sure you have the correct Name Servers and correct CNAME suggested by ACM. I waited a day before and still Pending Validation, but when I fixed it it took only a few minutes for my certificate to be issued.

Related