What is the difference between NHibernate and Hibernate?

Viewed 791

Last month I started a new job at new company . This company use Nhibernate for .Net solutions . But I have not experienced that before. I have two year experience in Entityframework . As I googled I can not find difference between Nhibernate and Hibernate . I assume that , Nhibernate is Hibernate for .Net solutions . Is it true ? Can you say what is the difference from Hibarnate ?
Thanks ,

1 Answers

Entity Framework (EF), NHibernate and Hibernate are full Object Relational Mappers (ORM).

EF and NHibernate are for .NET/C#. Hibernate is for Java.

Initially, Hibernate was developed and was in use for Java. Then after, it was ported to NHibernate for .NET/C#. Both are two different projects; developed and maintained separately.

Both NHibernate and Hibernate were structurally similar in beginning. I am not sure if that is the case now. But, many times, if I find solution for Hibernate on net, mostly the same (or similar) works for NHibernate as well. I never used Hibernate, so I cannot say about there similarity for sure; but as per my observation, they are near to same.

Related