SymmetricDS Sample - client node refused to connect to server node

Viewed 187

I am working on the example from the SymmetricDS tutorial. I am using the configuration files corp-000.properties and store-001.properties found in the samples directory of the download zip. I have placed them in the engine directory and edited them so that corp-000 is using a Postgresql DB as master-000 and store-001 is using an MySQL DB as slave-001, both on separate machine.

Here are the config from corp-000.properties:

engine.name=master-000
db.driver=org.postgresql.Driver
db.url=jdbc:postgresql://127.0.0.1/master?stringtype=unspecified

I've also enable the firewall (8080/tcp and 5432/tcp) and changed port from 31415 to 8080: However when the same error still came out and the url returns this result:

This site can’t be reached

<Master-node-IP> refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

What should I do to solve thise problem?

2 Answers

Add to corp configuration

auto.registration=true

Can’t hurt to add

auto.reload=true

Solution by @swm is

The solution is need to set bind ip in symmetricDS

Below are some example configs.

What is happening here is that the main or master cannot see the sync / registration urls and ports not the database.

Make sure the following are setup correctly.

MAIN

registration.url=
sync.url=ttp://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_MAIN>

CHILD

registration.url=http://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_MAIN>
sync.url=http://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_CHILD>

FULL EXAMPLE CONFIGS BELOW

MAIN

engine.name=<SDS_MAIN>

db.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
db.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<IP>:1433/<DB>;useCursors=true;bufferMaxMemory=10240;lobBuffer=5242880
db.user=***********
db.password=***********

registration.url=
sync.url=ttp://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_MAIN>

group.id=<GID>
external.id=000

auto.registration=true
initial.load.create.first=true

sync.table.prefix=sym
#start.initial.load.extract.job=false

compression.level=-1
compression.strategy=0

CHILD

engine.name=<SDS_CHILD>

db.driver=net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver
db.url=jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://<IP>:1433/<DB>;useCursors=true;bufferMaxMemory=10240;lobBuffer=5242880
db.user=***********
db.password=***********

registration.url=http://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_MAIN>
sync.url=http://<IP>:<PORT>/sync/<SDS_CHILD>

group.id=<GID>
external.id=100

auto.registration=true
initial.load.create.first=true

sync.table.prefix=sym
start.initial.load.extract.job=false

compression.level=-1
compression.strategy=0
Related