Google Data Studio: Can I display the current date range a user is running a report at on screen in a text box?

Viewed 2931

I want to clarify very clearly in a Data Studio report what the date range is that the report is currently running over.

So I want to add a text box up at the top of the screen to display this.
Is this possible?

From what I understand text labels can't display anything dynamically. Is it possible to do this with a function using the 'scorecard' data chart type or something similar ?

1 Answers

No, you can't make a label dynamic. However, you can make a table look like a label.

If you remove everything from a table (row numbers, title, border, colors, etc) it will look like a label with the ability to update dynamically. You can also use this trick to display dynamic images.

After this, just add any date field you already have as a metric, using functions MIN or MAX accordingly.

Example picture of dynamic labels

Step-by-step to turn a table into a dynamic label:

  1. Disable Show header
  2. Cell table color: Transparent
  3. Odd/Even row color: Transparent
  4. Disable Row numbers
  5. Disable Show pagination
  6. Background color: Transparent
  7. Border color: Transparent
  8. Chart header: Do not show

I made a public dashboard to illustrate the results:

Related