How to find Secret from AWS DMS?

Viewed 1573

I'm trying to set up an Aurora Postgres target endpoint on AWS DMS and I'm getting the error below when testing. There are no special permissions set up on the secret. The IAM role has SecretsManagerReadWrite attached and trusts dms.us-west-2.amazonaws.com. Attached below is a screenshot of the setup screen.

Note that I do currently have one (regular Postgres) target endpoint already set up, and I get the same error when trying to just recreate that one. Any advice would be appreciated, I'm tearing my hair out! I'm happy to provide more info, just not sure what else is needed.

Error message: Test Endpoint failed: Application-Status: 1020912, Application-Message: Failed to retrieve secret. Unable to find Secrets Manager secret, Application-Detailed-Message: Unable to find AWS Secrets Manager secret Arn 'arn:aws:secretsmanager:us-west-2:###########:secret:data_modeling_db/pipelines_write_user-#####' The secrets_manager get secret value failed: curlCode: 28, Timeout was reached Too many retries: curlCode: 28, Timeout was reached

Endpoint creation screenshot: endpoint creation

1 Answers

SOLVED (thanks to AWS Support)

  1. Create VPC endpoint: VPC > Endpoints > Create Endpoint > select Service com.amazonaws.us-west-2.secretsmanager > select VPC > check Enable DNS name > select Security Group(s) > Create Endpoint
  2. Get DNS name for endpoint: VPC > Endpoints > select Endpoint > copy DNS name for region/subregion (I just used the top one)
  3. Create DMS Endpoint: DMS > Endpoints > Create Endpoint > set up as normal > Endpoint Settings > check Use endpoint connection attributes > paste "secretsManagerEndpointOverride="
  4. Tada!
Related