internal error in Code Signing subsystem Xcode 12

Viewed 2137

I am getting Code signing error while uploading app to App Store, it is working fine in simulator and device, only getting this error while uploading.

enter image description here

This target of my app is using a framework developed by me, so previously it was giving an error of code signing for the framework, so I did some changes related to code signing and it's gone, but now it is giving same code signing error for my app target.

It was working fine with Xcode 11 (Building and uploading), I did some changes in framework related to build architecture to make it compatible with Xcode 12.

Interestingly the error page says View distribution logs for more information, but the only information I found related to this issue is below,

Library/Developer/Xcode/Archives/2021-06-27/MyApp 27-06-21, 4.26 PM.xcarchive/Products/Applications/MyApp.app/MyApp>’, hardenedRuntime='0'>'> to: /var/folders/k6/jqdbxs4x6_d65495_v9127180000gn/T/XcodeDistPipeline.~~~v6vq0l/entitlements~~~a8rUuu 2021-06-27 10:56:59 +0000 Running /usr/bin/codesign '-vvv' '--force' '--sign' 'A5640AE3DE907C3AC86E500508C5B6A3096D871F' '--entitlements' '/var/folders/k6/jqdbxs4x6_d65495_v9127180000gn/T/XcodeDistPipeline.~~~v6vq0l/entitlements~~~a8rUuu' '--preserve-metadata=identifier,flags,runtime' '/var/folders/k6/jqdbxs4x6_d65495_v9127180000gn/T/XcodeDistPipeline.~~~v6vq0l/Root/Payload/MyApp.app' 2021-06-27 10:57:00 +0000 /var/folders/k6/jqdbxs4x6_d65495_v9127180000gn/T/XcodeDistPipeline.~~~v6vq0l/Root/Payload/MyApp.app: internal error in Code Signing subsystem 2021-06-27 10:57:00 +0000 /usr/bin/codesign exited with 1

1 Answers

Fix: Set Enable Bitcode to No from Build Settings.

This is clearly Xcode 12 bug, something is mismatched while enable bitcode, I tried uploading build from Xcode 13 beta and uploading was working fine, of course it was rejected by AppStore connect because of beta SDK.


If you are using third party framework, make sure you embed Framework, Otherwise you will get crash on launch in release build, here is the detailed missing framework crash solution by Apple.

Related