Watching for files on remote shared folder using tWaitForFile

Viewed 124

I am trying tWaitForFile component in Talend to watch for new created files. It seems to be working for local directory (I am using Windows 7).

However, when I point it to a shared folder like //ps1.remotemachine.com/Continents/Africa it doesn't work. It doesn't give me file creation signals like it gives for local directory.

Am I missing something?

Update:

In my testing so far, below are the observations for monitoring files on network path:

  1. Talend tWaitForFile - Inconsistent results. Only gives notification sometimes. Majority of time, doesn't.
  2. Java Nio WatchService - Tried this out of Talend solution. It does give notification for created files on network path. However, when the number of folders to be monitored on network path are too many, it starts missing events of some of the folders. In my case, it was around 100 folders to be monitored.

Hence, aborted both of above approaches and sticking on scheduler based running of Talend jobs.

1 Answers

Use

"\\\\ps1.remotemachine.com/Continents/Africa"

enter image description here

If you use the value from a context then you don't need to double "\"

enter image description here

And in the tWaitForFile

enter image description here

Related