Yarn does not work in WSL when I change the directory

Viewed 1159

I've recently downloaded WSL on my system as well as Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

I installed Node JS on it and it seems to work fine. But when I tried installing yarn from the following command:

curl -o- -L https://yarnpkg.com/install.sh | bash

It installed yarn 1.22.5 and when I ran yarn --version, it returned 1.22.5

But when I changed the directory to /mnt/c/Users/user-name and tried running yarn --version, it threw this error:

internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:888
  throw err;
  ^

Error: Cannot find module '/mnt/c/users/user-name/C:\Users\user-name\.yarn\releases\yarn-1.22.10.cjs'
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:885:15)
    at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:730:27)
    at Function.executeUserEntryPoint [as runMain] (internal/modules/run_main.js:72:12)      
    at internal/main/run_main_module.js:17:47 {
  code: 'MODULE_NOT_FOUND',
  requireStack: []
}

Is there any way to fix this?

I found a solution to this:

Check this page out. Click on Alternatives and select the operating system Debian / Ubuntu and version Classic Stable (1.22.5).

You can follow the given instructions to install yarn from the Debian package repository, then have a look at the Path Setup section. Follow the instructions given there and yarn will be available globally!

Then you can run yarn --version any where in you're Ubuntu shell and it should be working just fine!

0 Answers
Related