Spyder -- Connect to remote kernel via proxy

Viewed 299

I'm trying to connect to a remote kernel in Spyder, however the machine on which it is running is not directly accessible. Rather, to connect to it I must go through a bastion host / jumpbox as follows: ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa -J me@jumpbox me@remote which logs me directly into remote, automatically sending the connection through jumpbox.

I have python -m spyder-kernels.console running on remote, where I want to do my computing, but no way to connect to it directly since it's only accessible from jumpbox. I've tried setting up my ssh config with a ProxyJump entry which works for logging into the machine through ssh in the command line, but it appears that Spyder ignores the config file when setting up the remote kernel connection,

Is there a way to connect to this remote kernel? It appears there's a way to do this with IPython and I know I can do it with Jupyter Notebook, but I'm wondering if I can do this in Spyder.

(Related: Connect spyder to a remote kernel via ssh tunnel)

0 Answers
Related