I have this table with both greek and english words
---
output:
bookdown::pdf_document2:
number_sections: true
toc: yes
header-includes:
- \usepackage{titling}
- \usepackage{amssymb}
- \usepackage{dcolumn}
- \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
- \usepackage[english,greek]{babel}
- \newcommand{\en}[1]{{\selectlanguage{english}#1}}
- \newcommand{\gr}[1]{{\selectlanguage{greek}#1}}
- \usepackage[useregional]{datetime2}
- \usepackage{float}
- \usepackage{colortbl}
---
---
title: \gr{ΤΕΣΤ}
subtitle: \en{TEST}
date: \today
---
```{r warning=FALSE, include=FALSE}
Sys.setlocale("LC_CTYPE","Greek")
```
```{r warning=FALSE, include=FALSE}
packages <- c("kableExtra")
if ( length(missing_pkgs <- setdiff(packages, rownames(installed.packages()))) > 0) {
message("Installing missing package(s): ", paste(missing_pkgs, collapse = ", "))
install.packages(missing_pkgs)
}
```
```{r message=FALSE, warning=FALSE, include=FALSE}
library(kableExtra)
```
```{r echo=FALSE,results='asis'}
x<-c("hello","hi","yellow","green","apple")
y<-c(rep(5,5))
r<-c(rep("καλημέρα",5))
data<-cbind(x,y,r)
kableExtra::kable(data, "latex", caption = "Πίνακας", booktabs = T, align = "c") %>%
kable_styling(latex_options = "HOLD_position")
```
I fixed the yaml so as to use both languages in the text but in the table i cannot fix this The output that i have is
How can i make the english words to be appeared as the are in the right way? I want to be appeared both english and greek language on the table

