I have deployed a django application on Windows Server 2012. This application accesses a database on a different server. When I try to load it, it says
The fastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout.
How can I solve this?
I have deployed a django application on Windows Server 2012. This application accesses a database on a different server. When I try to load it, it says
The fastCGI process exceeded configured activity timeout.
How can I solve this?
By default the activity timeout is set to 30 secs. you need to increase it
Step 1 : Click on the server name in IIS,
Step 2 : Select FastCGI Settings
Step 3 : Click the FastCGI application that is used. Under Process Model increase the Activity Timeout to a higher value and restart the server
If the uploaded file is large and you encounter request timeout issue, look into this : Django on IIS: Debugging IIS Error due to FastCGI request timeout on large file upload.
Based on your web.config file, i have added a fastcgi section, please try the below configuration.
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="On" />
<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="100485760" requestValidationMode="2.0" executionTimeout="3600" maxQueryStringLength="18192" />
</system.web>
<system.webServer>
<fastCgi>
<application fullPath="C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\wfastcgi.py"
activityTimeout="3600"
requestTimeout="604800">
</application>
</fastCgi>
<handlers>
<add name="Python FastCGI"
path="*"
verb="*"
modules="FastCgiModule"
scriptProcessor="C:\Python39\lib\site-packages\wfastcgi.py"
resourceType="Unspecified"
requireAccess="Script" />
</handlers>
<httpErrors errorMode="Detailed"></httpErrors>
</system.webServer>
<security>
<requestFiltering>
<requestLimits maxAllowedContentLength="4294967295" />
</requestFiltering>
</security>
<appSettings>
<add key="PYTHONPATH" value="C:\inetpub\wwwroot\pd_videowebapp" />
<add key="WSGI_HANDLER" value="pd_videowebapp.wsgi.application" />
<add key="DJANGO_SETTINGS_MODULE" value="pd_videowebapp.settings" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>