I contacted Linkedin for support on this and they suggested posting here. So asking with #linkedin developers in the market.
My issues is with the Linkedin Rest API. The API is: https://api.linkedin.com/v2/ugcPosts You can find more about the API here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/linkedin/consumer/integrations/self-serve/share-on-linkedin
I am using the request as shown in the sample below:
{
"author": "urn:li:person:8675309",
"lifecycleState": "PUBLISHED",
"specificContent": {
"com.linkedin.ugc.ShareContent": {
"shareCommentary": {
"text": "Learning more about LinkedIn by reading the LinkedIn Blog!"
},
"shareMediaCategory": "ARTICLE",
"media": [
{
"status": "READY",
"description": {
"text": "Official LinkedIn Blog - Your source for insights and information about LinkedIn."
},
"originalUrl": "https://blog.linkedin.com/",
"title": {
"text": "Official LinkedIn Blog"
}
}
]
}[enter image description here][1]
},
"visibility": {
"com.linkedin.ugc.MemberNetworkVisibility": "PUBLIC"
}
}
Everything was working before the Linkedin API recent updates and I was passing my article link in the "originalUrl" key in the above request and it was generating the correct preview as shown in the attachment named: old_correct_preview.png
But now the preview of the url is not generating when posting on Linkedin as you can see in the attached image: current_wrong_preview.png I checked the URL in the Linkedin post inspector tool also and over there it is generating the correct preview as you can see in the attached image: post-preview-in-linkedin-post-inspector.png
I don't think it is the browser issue as it is happening on Linkedin itself.
Also note that on directly posting Link through Linkedin the correct preview is generating but it is only getting issues when I am using the API. The sample url with which the issue came while posting through API is: https://chetu.ctnt.co/video/112/ah-290-376-l
I have created two videos of the issue.
You can check them here:
- http://integration.blazingsocial.com/linkedin_preview_issue/
- http://integration.blazingsocial.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Linkedin-Problem.mp4
enter image description here current wrong preview image
enter image description here Old correct preview image
enter image description here linkedin post preview image