I have a vendor-provided standard Yocto build I need to customize.
In particular I cannot modify too much the basic filesystem (/bin /sbin /usr/bin /usr/sbin ...) because it gets installed in a quite full NAND Flash.
If I want to add something "non trivial" I need to move it somewhere else (e.g.: /usr/local or /opt) in a brand new filesystem (e.g.: on SD storage) and later mount it in the "right place".
How can I "relocate" a standard package to be built in some other place?
Example: If I want to add "native" compilation to my system I need to add something like IMAGE_INSTALL_append = " packagegroup-core-buildessential" somewhere (e.g.: in .../poky/build/conf/local.conf).
This will fail because of full partition (unsurprisingly). I can force production of packages (.ipk, in my case) but those will try to install in the same place (and fail because filesystem is a readonly squashfs and it would be too small even if writable) hence the question:
How do I tell a standard packagegroup should be put in another location (e.g.: usr/local)?
Specific pointers to documentation would be welcome; I tried searching the Mega-Manual, but I didn't find the right spell to use.