I'm intercepting my login and logout routes in my functional tests with Cypress. (I have to stub them because the Magic technology I'm using for authentication does NOT support a test mode for the server side SDK, yet.)
Here is the code for the routes:
import {
loginRoute,
logoutRoute,
} from 'features/user-authentication/user-authentication-api';
// ...
cy.intercept(loginRoute, request => {
request.reply({
headers: {
'Set-Cookie': `magic-auth-token=${Cypress.env(
'validMagicAuthToken',
)}`,
},
statusCode: 200,
body: { success: true },
});
});
cy.intercept(logoutRoute, request => {
request.reply({
headers: {
'Set-Cookie': `magic-auth-token=; Max-Age=-1; Path=/`,
},
statusCode: 302,
});
});
I'm mimicking the original route's behavior, where they add and remove cookies. The login route's stub works perfectly. However, the stub for the login route does not.
The original logout route looks like this:
import { parse, serialize } from 'cookie';
// ...
function removeTokenCookie<T>(response: NextApiResponse<T>) {
const cookie = serialize(TOKEN_NAME, '', {
maxAge: -1,
path: '/',
});
response.setHeader('Set-Cookie', cookie);
}
const logoutHandler: NextApiHandler = async (request, response) => {
const session = await getSession(request);
if (session) {
await magic.users.logoutByIssuer(session.issuer);
}
removeTokenCookie(response);
response.writeHead(302, { Location: '/' });
response.end();
};
How can I remove the cookies using the logout route's stub? For some reason the cookie does NOT get removed when I set the headers as I did above.