"The project doesn't know hot to run the profile MauiApp.WinUI"

Viewed 5213

I am trying to get started with a brand new .NET Maui application. Upon creating the project, it has a single project for the MauiApp, and another project named MauiApp.WinUI. When I try to run the the app on my Windows 10 device, I get the error: "The project doesn't know hot to run the profile MauiApp.WinUI". I am not sure what to do in order to fix this. Any suggestions?

4 Answers

I was under the impression after watching a few of the community hangouts that all you needed to do was run the maui-check tool.

It appears that there are other dependencies beyond the tools capabilites, or that it doesn't check, which is a little annoying. But are listeed in the installation docs.

Single-project MSIX Packaging Tools

Project Reunion (Preview)

After installing these everything worked fine.

I installed Single-project MSIX Packaging Tools extension and Project Reunion extension (preview for VS2022). But this was not enough, I still could not start the app.

Then I installed MSIX Packaging tool from MS Store, and it finally worked.

Here's my launchSettings.json file:,

"profiles": {
    "TestWinUI": {
      "commandName": "MsixPackage"
    }
  }
Related