WSO2 APIM 3.2.0 Admin Portal not accessible

Viewed 245

I am trying to access the admin portal of wso2 by using newly created user("subuser") and role("subadmin") by following this.

Meanwhile, I am facing some other issue, Unfortunately can't able to access the same wso2 admin portal by using "admin" credentials. but the same can be accessible before some time(30 mins back)

I haven't change any config file. while login, the management console shows errors like below.

Forbidden ERROR

Note: Nothing ERROR is shown in the Log file. I tried to restart server, system everything, unfortunately, this won't help me.

1 Answers

Suspect that the relevant Role Mapping configurations are not updated properly in the API Manager server and causing this behavior.

I assume that you are using API Manager 3.2.0 GA in your environment and you have created a custom role and made the Role Mappings from the Admin portal. Can you perform the following configuration check and update the missing entries

  • Login to the Carbon Management console (/carbon) using the super admin credentials

  • In the Left Pane, under Resources click Browse

  • Go to _system > config > apimgt > applicationdata and select the tenant-conf.json

  • Select Edit as text on the next page and search for the JSON Key named: RoleMappings. If you have performed a Role Mapping from the Admin portal for your custom role, a mapping should be there as following

    "RoleMappings": {
       "admin": "custom-role"
    }
    
  • Update the mapping including the admin in the value as following

    "RoleMappings": {
       "admin": "admin,custom-role"
    }
    
  • Once the changes are appended, Save the content and restart the API Manager to clear the caches and load the configurations properly

Once restarted, try logging into the Admin portal and share the observations. A similar issue has been identified and reported under #product-apim/issues/9461

Related