How to change pinned packages in mamba package manager

Viewed 1819

When I try to install a python package in a minimamba distribution (mamba 0.14), there is no dependency solution for the python version installed (shown as pinned package below). How can I allow this package to be downgraded to allow a dependency solution?

(base) C:\Users\user>mamba install nipy

(...)

Pinned packages:
  - python 3.9.4

Encountered problems while solving:
  - package nipy-0.4.1-py37hfa6e2cd_1001 requires python >=3.7,<3.8.0a0, but none of the providers can be installed

I have tried the --no-pin parameter with no changes.

2 Answers

Changing a Python version in-place in a Conda environment has so many downsides (e.g., complicated solve; almost every package has to be redownloaded; risks breaking base) that whenever one requires a different Python version, the better thing to do is almost universally to create a new environment. Try instead

mamba create -n nipy_env nipy

Did you try mamba install python=3.7 nipy? This should downgrade python package to the required version allowing you to install nipy and its dependencies.

Related