Example of the tidymodels for fine tuning is still running

Viewed 128

I am new to the tidymodels package. I was trying to understand how to fine tune many models and I found an example. I was running it and then at this step,

grid_ctrl <-
   control_grid(
      save_pred = TRUE,
      parallel_over = "everything",
      save_workflow = TRUE
   )

grid_results <-
   all_workflows %>%
   workflow_map(
      seed = 1503,
      resamples = concrete_folds,
      grid = 25,
      control = grid_ctrl
   )

The code keeps running and after one hour and a half of running, I get finally the results with the following messages:

x The workflow requires packages that are not installed: 'ranger'. Skipping this workflow.
! Fold01, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold01, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold02, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold02, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold03, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold03, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold04, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold04, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold05, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold05, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold06, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold06, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold07, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...
! Fold07, Repeat1: internal: A correlation computation is required, but `esti...

Is that normal that it takes so much time for running? I know there are 12 models for tuning and evaluating but I don't expect that it takes a lot of time.

1 Answers

When rendering the book, we use GitHub actions and at the end of this section we note:

Using 3 workers in parallel, the estimation process took 1.6 hours to complete.

You shouldn't get those errors, though; be sure you have installed all the correct versions.

Related