How to get specific assignee of a story, subtask with a specific summary in JIRA?

Viewed 540

I am using JIRA version v8.5.9, where I am running the following query in its search option.

issuetype = "Sub task" AND assigned == 'xyz' and summary = '16.4'

Where xyz is a user. Basically what I am trying to achieve is: I am looking for all stories, sub-tasks whose assignee is xyz user along with its summary should contain 16.4 in it. When I am running this query it's not giving me any results. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

With your shown attempts, could you please try following query.

(issuetype = "Story" OR issuetype = "Sub task") AND  assignee = 'xyz' AND summary ~ "16.4"

Explanation:

  • First thing first you need to use OR condition for having stories and sub tasks both to be catch here.
  • Then you need to use ~ operator to search for string, since you mentioned you could have other than 16.4 string then we can't use = here.

Try using the contains ~ operator:

issuetype = "Sub task" AND assigned == 'xyz' and summary ~ '*16.4*'
Related