Transaction showing on etherscan.io but no showing on API.etherscan

Viewed 1079

I am trying to get the transactions of an address using https://api.etherscan.io/api?module=account&action=txlist&address=0x9bb1499d06f3036a12f653f00b889731d04c47a0&startblock=0&endblock=92649034&sort=asc&apikey=XXXXX

however, I get the results "No transactions found" when in fact, a transaction exists, and can be viewed on etherscan.io site.

I wonder if anyone has encountered the same problem. Is this a bug on the etherscan side? Perhaps the api.etherscan side doesnt not have the most recent transaction information?

Any insights would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!enter image description here

1 Answers

The txlist endpoint only returns transactions from and to to the specified address.

You're trying to view transactions from and to address 0x9bb1.... But this specific tx (on the screenshot) originated from 0x2204... and was sent to contract 0x30ad....

The 0x9bb1... only acts in the event logs produced by the transactions, and most likely the tx was executing a transfer() function with this address as a param.

TLDR: When you're transfering tokens, you're sending a transaction to the token contract - not to the token recepient.

Related