I am a new learner of SQL language to add knowledge to my career, I came to learn that in writing a query, there is a "Order of writing" vs "Order of execution", however I can't seem to find a full list of available SQL functions listing out the hierarchy
So far from what I learn I got this table, can someone with better knowledge help confirm if my table below is correct? And perhaps add any other functions that I might have missed, I am not sure where I should put the JOIN in the table below
Also, is there a difference (either in order or name of function) if I am using different Sql platforms? MySql vs BigQuery for eg.
Your help is deeply appreciated, big thanks in advance for reading this post by a beginner
| Order of writing | Order of execution |
|---|---|
| Select | From |
| Top | Where |
| Distinct | Group by |
| From | Having |
| Where | Select |
| Group by | Window |
| Having | QUALIFY |
| Order by | Distinct |
| Second | Order by |
| QUALIFY | Top |
| Limit | Limit |