Load Test- Video Conferencing Site like Zoom

Viewed 814

I am new to JMeter. I am trying to perform a load test on a video conferencing application like zoom. Can I achieve this using JMeter? If not, please suggest any application that would help perform load test on a Video Conferencing site.

Thanks in advance.

2 Answers

Zoom uses may be using WebRtc or Websockets as per this documentation on their protocol:

So if you confirm it's websocket, you can use this plugin:

If it's WebRtc then your best option is to use selenium webdriver:

I don't think HLS is used by them, but if you need a full features implementation of Video Streaming protocols have a look at this:

UbikLoadPack Streaming Solution features for Video & Audio Performance

Disclaimer: We provide this solution and professional services around performance testing

You need to analyze network protocol(s) which are being used for audio/video streaming it might be the case you will be able to use a JMeter Plugin like HLS PLUGIN or WebSocket Plugin

If the application is using HTTP protocol you can even record it using HTTP(S) Test Script Recorder, see How to Run Performance Tests of Desktop Applications Using JMeter

In case of other protocols you will need to find a Java client library for the protocol(s) being used by the application and replicate the application network footprint using JSR223 Sampler or JUnit Request sampler or Java sampler or write your own JMeter Plugin

Related