According to the documentation, Wagtail API is read-only ( POST Method not allowed ). Hence, the only way to use Forms from the Sidebar Menu is using Templates, so the client is capable of making post requests against the API internaly. But that´s not headless. To be headless the API must be capable of receiving form data by providing a URL.
"The Wagtail API module exposes a public, read only, JSON-formatted API which can be used by external clients (such as a mobile app) or the site’s frontend."
...
At this point I´m not having the slightest clue, that means at a last resort I have to rethink my stack, although so far I have been very satisfied with Wagtail as headless CMS together with Nuxt as Client. Any ideas to avoid this measure would be much apprechiated.
Update - Nuxt POST Request to Wagtail API v2
pages/index.vue
<template>
...
</template>
<script>
export default {
components: {
},
async asyncData ({ $axios, req }) {
const pageHome = await $axios.$get('https://foo.bar.com/api/v2/pages/3/')
return { pageHome }
}
</script>