I'm trying to model the following (simplified) workflow. Each start event has a route to the Main Task as well as an alternative route which will trigger the "previous" start event.
My problem: if Start Event 2 is triggered through a path from Start Event 3 it should not be possible to trigger Start Event 1 any more (red path): 3->2 is ok, 2->1 is ok, but not 3->1!
What would be the "right" solution here? Should I create an alternative Start Event 2 when it's triggered through Start Event 3 (seem to be redundant). Or should I solve this somehow through a logic gate if triggered through Start Event 3 then ... else ... (seems to be over complicated). Or is there a better solution?
PS. I tried to find a better stack exchange site for modelling but it seems 99% of the questions regarding BPMN are posted here. But I'm open for suggestions.


